Thursday, November 29, 2018

Assisted Suicide just Around the Corner!

Sounds like a helpful sign, doesn't it?  Having trouble killing yourself, just turn the corner and you're there!  Indeed, I predict that the USA will be seriously discussing physician-assisted suicide in the very near future. So, I wanted to make a couple of pre-preemptive points-- just to get ahead of the game.

Proponents of allowing us to whack ourselves with medical help can create scenarios that sound pretty appealing. People with dementia of one type or another are ripe candidates for whacking. The US healthcare system is staring down the barrel of a wave of baby-Boomers who will overwhelm our resources. That is a safe prediction.

Why not just whack them?  Is a certain solution to be discussed. But let's think about it another way. Let's say that you and I are both pet lovers, with dogs in our homes that we have raised since puppyhood. We have loved our dogs, and, our dogs have loved us in return. In fact, walking our dogs has been a great exercise - both physically and socially and that is how you and I met. Well, sadly, all dogs may not go to heaven (or they may), but they all do die eventually. But, our dogs aren't dead yet, they are sadly suffering incurable diseases of doggy old age. Now, here's the question:
It is FINE for me to pay the veterinarian to put my poor doggy out of her misery, but would it be OK for me, unbeknownst to you, to put YOUR dog to sleep as well?

I am hoping for  a resounding "NO!"

I think MOST would agree that whereas I, as my dog's owner, can make that sad decision for my poor doggy.

So WHO owns you? Or more seriously, WHO owns your aunt with serious dementia?

We don't own ourselves!  We have been "Bought with a price" (I Corinth 6:20; 7:23), and a VERY high price indeed. So if your owner, G^d, wants to whack you, He can do so, without even hiring a vet.  And, if G^d wants you to stick around, even with dementia, keep in mind, the Christ bought you, and everyone else, with His blood.

Get my point on Physician-assisted suicide?

No comments:

Post a Comment