Thursday, November 28, 2019

A Thanksgiving Post on Eating

Just last week (it's 22 Oct), I returned from 11 days in Italy. As EVERYONE knows, Italy has some great food.











There are cafes and gelaterias every couple of blocks. People eat.

Yet, the obesity rate appeared low. In USA it's 30%,  in Italy about 10%, but it looked even lower.

So, HOW can this be??  I am guessing a combination of:
1) Drinking much less sodas and fruit juices (One Italian told me fruit juice was prohibited because of high sugar).
2) MUCH, MUCH more walking. We had 15,000 steps registered mid-way through the day. We in the USA seem to avoid walking at all costs.

I think I lost 3-4 pounds there, despite eating MORE food than usual.

Go figure.

"A moment on the lips, but forever on the hips."

Now, keep that in mind as you down that Thanksgiving feast.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment