Monday, November 4, 2019

"Don't settle for a relationship that prevents you from being yourself." ~ Oprah Winfrey

A famous person, who shuns the spotlight, once said, "Don't settle for a relationship that prevents you from being yourself." ~ Oprah Winfrey

How do YOU feel about her wisdom? It took me less than 30 secs to politely disagree. I seek out ALL relationships that help prevent me from being myself. Those who know me well, understand why I don't want to be myself. I want and need to be a MUCH better person. and my dear sweet wife, who is loathe to say anything negative about me, can and DOES (Thank you L^rd), prevent me from being myself on a daily basis.  

Thank you Brenda!  And thanks to the many other "preventers" in my life.

And, contrary to Ms. Winfrey, I hope you have people that help prevent you from being yourself too.

Don't misunderstand.  I LOVE you, and people in general. BUT, having observed humankind for 69 years, I don't want you to "be yourself". If you haven't noticed, mankind is fallen. ALL OF US! We all need a SAVIOUR- ALL of US. We are selfish sinners--no offense. This is mere observation, and if you have never picked up on this, YOU AREN'T PAYING ATTENTION!

Fortunately, G^d: The Father, Jesus the Christ, and the Holy Spirit, all want to help prevent us from being ourselves. Thanks be to G^D that HE has DIED to FREE me from being myself. G^d miraculously, in His grace and mercy, sees Jesus when he looks at me. In my sinful, fallen state, G^d does NOT leave me to my own devices. And He wants to do that for you too.

It's pretty simple (Thank you L^rd!):

Step 1: Recognize, with G^d, that you have fallen far short of perfection. You are in trouble, and can only be rescued by the Blood of the Christ.
Step 2: REPENT. That is, ask G^D to prevent you from being your natural "Self", and transform you by His power.
Step 3: Accept the work of the Christ on your behalf by FAITH ALONE. You can never "Fix" yourself, you are too broken. Accept that the Christ paid the price for your sin in His death.
Step 4: Follow the Christ. Find a group of Christ Followers and ask to travel along with them. Ask them to HELP you learn to EXPRESS GRATITUDE for what the Christ has done for you ALREADY. Endeavor to OBEY G^d in such a way that He will prevent you from being yourself, and transform you into an obedient FOLLOWER of the Christ.
Step 5: Start over FOLLOWING the Christ, every time you fall, every time you stray away from His path for you. Thank G^d, in prayer and action, for his MERCY AND GRACE. KEEP AT IT!

Oh, and if you run in to Ms. Winfrey, share with her how G^d can prevent her from being herself Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment