Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Accents





There are a lot of interesting accents in the world, and I think I have heard a lot of them in my 65 years.  I like to try to guess the origins when I get the opportunity.  England is a particularly good place to hear a lot of foreigners speak.  So far I have heard accents from:


  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Romania
  • Czech Repub.
  • Hungary
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Pakistan
  • Iran
  • Jordan
  • New Zealand
  • Scotland
  • Germany
  • and…
  • Texas.


Each has its distinctives.  My home state of GA has three distinctive accents, from North to South. I marvel that G^d is so very creative. As I have mentioned previously, the key thing I have learned in studying the human body for almost 35 years is that we are all quite different. 

Occasionally, we encounter someone who reminds us of someone else.  You Grace Church folk, of whom are you reminded?

No comments:

Post a Comment