Monday, July 20, 2015

Success




How one defines “success” is one of the KEY questions of life.  We all know the possible contenders, but for the sake of reminder, let me list a few. 


  • Potential goals to mark success:
  • Fame, status
  • Fortune, net worth
  • Possessions
  • Awards, recognitions.


There are more, but you get the point.
As I grow older, the issue of success begins to look different.  To be fair, at my weakest moments, I seek all the marks of success listed above.  It would be nice to be “seen as successful”.  I have to remind myself, and perhaps so do you, of true success, of real achievement.  It is NOT our default position.
Of what do I remind myself?  Here’s the goal.  Here’s the prize.

You’ve seen it before in this blog.

“Well done thou good and faithful servant!”

No comments:

Post a Comment