Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Wedding and some Memories



See these two young guys?  I taught both of them in the U of Alabama a few years back.  It was great to see them both at the wedding of Cal, in the second photo.

First, I was THRILLED to be invited to Cal's wedding.  I hadn't seen him or talked to him in several years, so when the invitation came, I told Brenda we needed to put it on the schedule.

At the wedding, I noticed a guy who looked really familiar, and a quick consult to the wedding program told me it was Clay!  What a bonus, one wedding - two of my former students.

I have NO idea how many students I have taught in my 37 years of higher ed.  My first students at VMI are only 5-7 years younger than me.  Who know where they are or what they are doing.  Several of them were from Iran.  Where are they?  At UGA I taught a bunch more, and they would be 8-10 years younger than me, which puts them at ages 55+.  Wouldn't it be neat to run into one of them?

Brenda laughs because I am always on the lookout for someone I know.  But who knows who I might run into?  It's sure nice to have the memories, and the possibilities.  Sweet memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment