Friday, September 18, 2015

Sweet Anticipation

I wrote before about the pleasures of anticipation.  It is sweet indeed.

This morning, my son-in-law Ben mentioned something he had said in his grandmother's funeral last Monday.  I was at the funeral in Birmingham, and heard him tell about his grandmother.  His "grammy" used to mention, with apparently high frequency, the necessity of planning for the triumphant Return of Jesus.

Anytime any future event was mentioned, Grammy felt the necessity to remind anyone within earshot that the return of Jesus ought to be considered.  Her reminders emphasized the imminence of this event too.

And, I think Grammy had the RIGHT idea.

How would it change our thinking, if, in the front of our mind was the imminent return in ALL GLORY of The Messiah!

I am going to try to be a bit more like Grammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment