Monday, February 1, 2016

Hidden Beauty

Our part of Alabama is (at the time of this writing) absolutely GORGEOUS, and I hardly ever use that word- except in describing my wife.  The ginkos are beautiful, the crepe myrtles are beautiful, the oaks are golden. It is a beautiful sight to behold.

And, you realize of course that this is ALL hidden beauty!!  The color has been there since the leaves were formed last spring. Those golds, and reds, and bright yellows ere there all along... we just couldn't see them!  Once the chlorophyll was withdrawn, there were those spectacular colors!!  They were there all along.

I figure it is exactly the same with people.  I'm not talking about physical beauty here, I'm talking about the hidden qualities.  Sure, mankind is fallen, and so am I, and so are you; but we all carry the imago Dei!  It's just well hidden in most all of us.

But one day the covering will be withdrawn, and we will be able to see the beauty as G^d designed it.

One day.  It might not be long off too!!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if Paul's message to us was the imago Dei could become visible to others by being imitatio Dei?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete