Thursday, June 23, 2016

Reflecting on Retiring

As I posted earlier, I have now retired from UA.

It is a bit of a strange feeling to be retired- even if it is only for 2.5 months.

I have always thought of "retired guys" as old, and far away.  But, now I am one!

The biggest thing that strikes me, is how FAST time gets by us.  I have written about this before, but here is another stark reminder.

It seems like not that long ago I was walking into the unknown.  I have seen a lot of folks retire before me, and I am guessing that many will retire after me.

I do NOT assume I will be missed very much.  Everyone has their own life, their own concerns, and those who have gone before... are simply gone.  Indeed, as someone has said, "Retiring is like pulling your hand out of a bucket of water, you don't leave a trace."

And that's fine by me.  I am looking for only one comment,

"Well done thou good and faithful servant.  Enter into the joy of Thy Master."  Matt 25:21.

No comments:

Post a Comment