Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Jerusalem

Several people have asked me about my Christian ministry.  In discussing it with them, a thought has come to mind.

In Acts 1:8 we are told, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

I have come to recognize that the university campus is my Jerusalem, and higher education in general is my Judea and Samaria.   And, it's not always an easy place to be.  As I have mentioned, in my view, the public university campus in the USA is the place consistently and intently the most hostile to Christianity.  Perhaps it is not surprising to many, but most academics are "too smart" for Christianity in particular, and religion in general.

True enough but the university in my place, and I love it.  It is full of life, even if much of thtat life is hostile to my beleifs.  It is a sitmulating place.  The "Ask an Atheist" gorup at the UA, makes it interesting.

Why would I want to ask an atheist anything?  Right off I can't think of anything to ask, or any reason to ask an atheist. Atheists have too much faith for me.  I look at the two testimonies, Scripture and creation, and I just can't muster up enough faith to suppose this happened by chance.  If I were going to create a religion, it wouldn't be Christianity, it would be something like Mormonism.  

If there is a G^d, and I am convinced of it, He would be a bit difficult to grasp by mortals, wouldn't He?  If G^d exists, it would take us mortals a loooong time to uncover His designs, His methods, His workings, wouldn't it?

Wow, if I only had the faith of my atheist friends in the Uni, I'd be one outstanding Christian.

L^rd increase my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment