Monday, July 8, 2013

Witnesses

Saturday we wanted to take Andrew and Kelly to see the "Main Mall" which on weekends is filled with people selling everything from the latest music, to mopane worms for cooking.

We were walking along when I noticed a well-dressed older gentleman, and an older lady standing  in the middle of pedestrian traffic.  I knew instantly that they were evangelizing something.  As we walked past I saw the tell-tale "Watchtower" of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

The JWs are an interesting group.  I recall meeting some sort of salesman in our home once.  After the sales pitch, by this bright young man, I began to share the gospel with him.  After only a few moments of polite listening he said that he had explored religion, and if he was going to join any religion it would be... Jehovah's Witnesses!


While Andrew was here we were on campus collecting sap for one of his profs back at AZ State U.  I looked up and saw the two young men with white shirts and black name tags of the Mormons.  They were doing their 2 years of missionary work, apparently in Botswana.

 How sad!

The world is being evangelized by JWs, by Mormons, and only occasionally by Christians.

There is NO doubt that I do NOT have the gift of evangelism.  I am not inclined that way.  Yet, the two times that Levi and I have shared the Christ on UB, two young men have prayed to receive the Christ.

The fields are indeed white unto harvest.  Let's pray that the Lord would raise up labors unto the harvest.







No comments:

Post a Comment