Sunday, October 7, 2012

Prayer Power





I asked several different groups to pray for me during my time in Mongolia.  You have a 62 year-old traveling almost 12,000 miles to a place he has never been… without adult supervision.  My jet lag recovery rate is 1 day per time zone and I am 13 Time zones away from home.  My memory is not what it used to be.  My organizational skills never were.  The prayer need is obvious.


And I have felt the power of the prayers offered on my behalf.  I have not slept long at a time, but I have slept well.  I was asked, without warning, to share at the student prayer meeting  (see above), and G^d gave me words to say.  After a lecture in a class, we had less than 10 minutes.  The first question began, “You are a Christian, tell us how you reconcile science and Christianity.”  Wow, what an opportunity!  But, before I was completely finished answering another question was, “How do you handle evolution and creation?”  Wow, what a second opportunity!  

If you have ever traveled much, you know that things can go wrong in a myriad of ways.  If you have traveled much internationally, you know that the above declaration is a vast understatement.

G^d is good, all the time, regardless of our circumstances and the smoothness of our travels.  But G^d has been especially good.  I have worked and worked and have more work to do, but G^d is good.  I have opportunities that few Christians have.  G^d is good.

How great is Thy goodness,
Which Thou hast stored up for those who fear Thee,
Which Thou hast wrought for those who take refuge in Thee,
Before the sons of men! (Psalm 31:19)

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone--for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." (1 Timothy 2:1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment