Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Record Toilet

In an earlier post I mentioned the confusion I contributed in describing a toilet as a "bathroom".  Well, newly educated, today let's take a look at... toilets.

Fortunately, unlike some places, there are many toilets available in shopping centers, at the Uni., and in most public places.  and, except in Francistown, they are usually free.

In my 4+ months here I have only seen paper towels maybe 4 times tops.  The toilets vary from very swank, to barely tolerable.  I did see a new Guiness Book of World records for toilet deodorizers in the student restroom at the Refectory.  It was so impressive I had to take a picture (only after carefully noting that I was the only person around).




Wow, was that a sweet smelling urinal?

I am clueless as to why they chose to drop hundreds of these little tablets here.  About 150m away is a faculty men's toilet that hasn't seen one of these in several years, I'm guessing.  I can't imagine that 600 of these is more effective than 4-6 of them.

Which brings up the question of why do we act the way we do?  I understand the fallen nature of man, I am one.  I understand temptation, greed, lust, etc.  I am one.  What is harder for me is to understand total waste of stuff.  Vandalism, destruction, excess.

But then I remember the times I have vandalized, destroyed, wasted my time, energy and resources given by G^d.  When I see it in others, I can't understand, but when I see it in myself I rationalize.

L^rd deliver me from wasting your precious gifts to me.  Help me to good stewardship.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment