Friday, September 20, 2013

Penquin Playground

On our way to Cape Point Park, we stumble across a Penguin Park.  For a small fee, we enter, and there are penguins everywhere!



It is great fun to see penguins in their natural habitat (these were a species called African penguins) nesting, feeding young, and waddling around in their penguin style.

Guides point out that the young penguins are easy to spot with their gray feathers and fluffy look.  The guides tell us that they baby down is not waterproof and the young will have to fully fledge with adult feathers to go into the water to feed themselves.

Brenda asks me the very astute question, "How do the baby penguins know not to go into the water?"

I'm stumped as to the particulars of this question, but that raises other issues.  How do those weaver birds build those wonderful nests?  How do the young of most animals learn to do the myriad of things necessary for survival?

"Three things are too wonderful for me; four I do not understand:the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a serpent on a rock, the way of a ship on the high seas, and the way of a man with a virgin." Prov 30:18-19


If I don't understand these simple things, how do I expect to understand the G^d of the Universe, who created all this with a single breath?  If I don't understand G^d, isn't that what I should expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment