Thursday, September 12, 2013

Students are...Swell

 It took a long time to realize it, but I love working with students.  They are energetic, interesting, with tons of potential.

Now to be honest, students can also be a source of major frustration.  The fact they are in the university means they have advantages denied to many, yet they so often fritter away the opportunity.


Students are the coming leaders, parents, custodians of the world.  If I can have even a small impact, that may get multiplied many-fold.  Many are hard working, a few are grateful for the opportunity.

Student behavior is a good magniifier for adult behavior.  When I see the best in studnets, I realize the greatness of many of the people who surround me.  When I see the worst in students, i realize this is a view of the worst in me.

Some students fritter away their opportunity for a good education.

Yes, and so many of us fritter away our opportunity to live in the Christ.  I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment