Saturday, July 5, 2014

Expresso

Many of our friends are coffee aficionados, big time.  They would all do well in Italy, because this is the "coffeeist" place I have been.  They take coffee very seriously any time of day or night.  Coffee shops are common and expresso is available almost everywhere.  To prove the point, we had an espresso machine in our apartment in Bologna.  It took us quite a few minutes to figure out how to make it work, but persistence again pays off.

I enjoy a coffee, but this is a whole NEW level for me.  Coffee is one of lifes little pleasures, not a major one.  I enjoy caffeine, but too much makes my bladder fill very quickly.  A little is good, a lot is tough.

I am guessing that coffee is a lot like money for me.  A little is great, too much is poison.  In fact, I'd say that reflects much of Scripture.
"The LOVE of money is the root of all sorts of evil."
"It is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven."

There's plenty more.  Why do we not check out the Scriptures on money before we spend so much effort in pursuing wealth?


No comments:

Post a Comment