Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Day at the Races

 What a discovery!  Just a short hike from our office is a full-fledged horse-racing track.
 Talk about a business with a BIG overhead!  The track is 1 Km around, and it takes constant maintenance.
 The horses and traps and other equipment have to be stored.


 There have to be marshals all over the course, plus a crew at the finish line.  Not to mention the truck used to start some of the races.

 All this, and I was pretty much clueless to what was going one.  Martyn seemed to understand and Jesper could explain all the ends and outs, but I was a loooong way out of my element.


It was a beautiful day, a nice trip, and a cross-cultural experience.  But I remain clueless, except I know, of all the temptations I might face, gambling isn't one.

Hey, at least I have that one area that isn't tempting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment