Friday, April 27, 2012

Dog Races. Not!

 Several years ago, one of my scientist buddies at NASA went up to Alaska to study the mushers on the Ididarod.  He was crowing about his great adventure when a wisened old scientist said,
 "You're studying the wrong ones son.  it's the dogs that do all the work!"
On March 24th we were supposed to have the Amundson Dog race from Ostersund to Are.

I say "supposed to" becasue it didn't happen.  It didn't happen for one small reason and one large one.

The small reason was that on the 24th of March it was so warm that the ice was too thin on the lake, and much of the snow had temporarily melted.

The BIG reason was, there was a deficit in the sponsorship department.  The Race needed more money than was available.

But I may have those backwards.  Even if there was enough money, the conditions would have probably stopped the race "cold" anyway.

You see, money is seldom the real issue.  I pretty much do what I want to do, and I simply choose how I will spend my money... and my time.  Look at a person's debit card statement (I used to say checking account, but what's that?) and you will learn their priorities.

If someone looked at your statement right now, what would they say about your priorities?


No comments:

Post a Comment