Monday, April 2, 2012

My, how communications have changed!



Brenda and I got married in June 1972.  I left in September for 7 months on a US Navy Guided Missile Destroyer.  Each day we wrote each other letters.  BUT, in those days we actually wrote, I mean really wrote, with real paper and real ink. 

Each time we pulled into a port, we’d mail our letters, and collect the letters for the ship.
Right before I got off the ship to start Flight Officer School, I sent her a telegram.   No really, a short, to-the-point, expensive, real telegram.

My, how communications have changed!

We have SKYPED all five of our kids, plus our two grandkids, plus a few other folks.  We email constantly and we even have this blog.


My, how communications have changed.
Were we still typing papers, I would have likely left the world of research years ago.

“A picture is worth a thousand words but it takes 3,000 times the disk space.”  ~Author Unknown
“User, n.  The word computer professionals use when they mean ‘idiot.’"  ~Dave Barry
“There are 10 types of people in this world:  those who understand binary and those who don't.”  ~Author Unknown

“Computers have lots of memory but no imagination.”  ~Author Unknown

And one I’ve used before:
“A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.”  ~Mitch Ratcliffe

My, how communications have changed!

Thank you L^rd for Computers and the Communications they make possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment