Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Seeing the BIGGGGG picture

My (Phil) personality type sees the big picture.  Now, admittedly I don't see details.  I can't do repetitive tedious tasks.  I can't focus on anything very long.





But there are advantages to seeing the Broad Scope of things.  I didn't realize that until the last few days.

Most of us go through life lost in the details.  We go to work, we make plans for holidays, we think about what's for supper.  We distract ourselves with the next toy, or the next treat, or the next pleasure.  And we miss the big thing staring us in the face.

For what doth it profit a man if he win the Nobel prize, and lose his own soul?
For what doth it profit a man to make a zillion dollars, and lose his own soul?
For what doth it profit a man to fill his short life with pleasure, and lose his own soul?

Are, what will a man give for a soul?

What's the big picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment