Saturday, April 21, 2012

Deer in Sweden

Those who know me, know that I love white-tailed deer.  They are peaceful, capable, beautiful creatures... and delicious!

I was thrilled to see deer tracks on the road outside our house, from our first days here.  Over the last 3-4 weeks the tracks have disappeared, but one day a week or so back, we saw the real thing.  Sure enough at about 5:30 in the AM, I looked out and a young deer was walking within about 40 yards of our window.  I ran and got the camera, and here it is in the neighbor's yard (that brown spec in middle of frame):



Not too good eh?

But a few days before that, our pastor's youngest daughter had promised to show us some deer.  She showed us a whole herd of deer!


Deer don't do much, they eat, they sleep, they mate.  Ted Nugent once noted, "In that way, they are a lot like the French."



But G^D created the deer with tremendous instincts.  I never cease to be amazed at the wonders of G^d's creation.

"As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, oh God." (PS 42:1).

L^rd make it so!!


No comments:

Post a Comment