Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Banderas

Flags seem popular here in Ostersund.

When I look out my office, I can see TWO Swedish flags, a couple of Mid-Sweden Uni flags and the flag for our research group, the Nationellt Vintersport Centrum.





Down from our house, I can barely see a red flag at half-mast.  It has been at half-mast since we got here, so I am pretty sure it is not in honor of the late Whitney Houston.

Brenda and I are thinking that instead of billboards, they use flags.  We even saw a gas-station flag.











We all fly certain flags.  We may tout our loyalty to the Crimson Tide, or our allegiance to some political party.

On University campi, we can see all sorts of flags flown by people.  Flags of intellect, or success, or superiority.  But there's one flag seldom seen...

The Christian Flag.

Now why is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment