Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oh no, It's warm!

As I prepare for work this morning, I look out the window towards Ostersund, and the rising sun.  To my dismay I notice that the icicles are dripping!  That's terrible.

Yesterday was warm, and last night on the way home from the Lenten service (this was written in Feb), we noticed it was much, much slicker than ever before.  Now with snow melting, it must be 1 or 2 degrees above freezing.  I do NOT look forward to the walk/slide to work.

An it is amazing to me that I make it without a single crash. What's MORE amazing is that in the 3 weeks that I have walked around town, I have only seen one person slip and fall to the snow.  He was an older man, perhaps even a bit older than me, and he hit a small patch of ice and went down. 
Everyone ignored him, so I went over to at least pick up his hat for him.

Brenda has fallen once, and so have I.  But locals don't seem to.  The cyclists today were flying along just like always.  I can understand flying across the foot bridge, I can even understand moving swiftly on level ground, but they zoom down hills as well.  How they stop for intersections and various hazards is a bit of a mystery, but so far so good.

Melting represents change.  Change is inevitable.

And, the good news is, that one day we will be changed!  And it will be a bigger change than just a phase shift from solid to liquid!

No comments:

Post a Comment