Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy What?


I (Phil) was born on 10 March, 1950.  That is a LOT of years ago.

I have always been overly time-sensitive.  When I was a midshipman at USNA, especially as a plebe (freshman), they kinda made us that way.  There was a lot to do, and not much time to get ‘er done.
 Phil and friend, Dr Billy S.

One of my vivid memories was the drum on the drill field.  We practiced marching, port arms, flanks, turns, about-faces, and all the while a very loud drum kept it’s monotonous beat to keep us all stepping in time.  That must have been a BORING job for that musician.

Tempus fugit. Time doth flee.

No one can stop it, but G^d himself.  Time flees, and another Birthday marks another year torn off the calendar.

But, I have been endeavoring to welcome the drum-beat of time passage.

One, day, coming soon, we will be released from the choking grip of time, and time will no longer have dominion.

Now that will be a HAPPY day indeed!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I guess we will celebrate your big day when we get home! Love from John and Louise

    ReplyDelete