Friday, March 16, 2012

Wearing cleats to work when you aren't in the NFL

Wednesday evening, Brenda and I were impressed by how SLICK everything was.  Streets, sidewalks, everywhere was a potential slip-and-fall hazard. Thursday morning was worse!

So this morning, Friday, I put on my trusty cleats.




I was amazed at the difference.  Digging in and getting a grip sure makes you feel more secure.

After a half a kilometer I could tell I really didn't need the cleats, so I slipped them off.  But they are in my pocket for the next icy day.

They even make bike tires with cleats, here is what those look like.



Even crutches have little flip-down spikes that can be used when you go outside.

I have been trying to come up for a use for these, when we come back to USA, but so far, no luck.  Maybe they could aerate my lawn, but it seems to be doing fine, without aeration.

Digging in, getting a grip, is important.  It keeps us from slipping.

Digging into G^D and and his word, seems to do the same.  Oh, that we could slip that on so easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment