Monday, August 26, 2013

Bottle of Wine, Fruit of the Vine...


Italy is known for fine wines.  Right before leaving the country our friends took us to a big wine shop.  It was neat, though I did feel a bit out of place.

There were thousands of wines from which to choose. Of course, one wine caught our eye.  Take a look at a fine bottle of vino:


Note the price.  That's not 3250 dollars, but 3250 Euros, which puts the price at roughly $4,330.  It was a big bottle, but I am afraid it would be totally lost on me.  If you were hoping that Brenda and I bought you a little gift, maybe we did, but for sure this wasn't it.

I have a hard time imagining who buys a $4k wine.  I am guessing it is somebody trying to impress somebody else.

Most all of us are guilty of trying to impress someone, at least on occasion.  Others of us are guilty of constantly trying to impress each other.

Speaking for myself, it saddens me that I am more interested in what men think than what G^d thinks.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment