Saturday, August 3, 2013

Joys of Air Travel

Remember the 9/11 tragedy?

I was scheduled to fly back from Montana that morning.  No flights.

Remember the many hurricanes in Cancun?  I was scheduled to fly back during one, one day.  No flights.

Remember a couple years back when the volcano in Iceland shut down flights in Europe.  I was in Cairo, scheduled to fly back that day.  No flights.

Today we are scheduled to fly to Bologna.  The air traffic controllers in France just went on strike.  No flights.

Ahhh, the joys of air travel.

I have lived through each of these, without bad consequences.  Thanks be to G^d, and not the airlines.  Clearly most of these, except the last one, are nobody's fault, it's just the hazards of flying from place to place.  It could be worse.

So what to do?  We are trying to reroute.  I have been on the phone with Expedia for over 3 hours now.  Expedia sent me, inexplicably to Delta to discuss.  The Delta agent was mystified.  There's not much they can do.  I don't want to be stuck in Charles De Gaulle Airport, as nice as Paris might be.  I don't really want to be stuck anywhere.

No point in getting upset.  No point in whining.  There is nothing anyone can do, except the air traffic controllers, and I don't  think they are interested in my travels.

G^d is Sovereign.  G^d knows what is happening.  G^d doesn't make mistakes.

"Faith, the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  Heb 11:1

L^rd increase my faith.  Thanks be to G^d.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry. Hope you guys can get to where you need to be very soon.

    ReplyDelete