Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dusty

Gabs is one dusty place.  Maybe this is the dustiest place we have ever been.  We can see it most obviously on our auto.  It stays covered with dust.  Yesterday when I closed the lift-up tailgate, the dust fell off in an mini-avalanche.

Our stair well stays dusty.  I notice it, but it really drives Brenda up a wall.  Nothing stays clean long.  I guess that is to be expected, Gabs is on the edge of the Kalahari Desert.  We now are on water rationing, so each Saturday we lose water from about 0900 to 1800.

We haven't had any dust storms, I guess.  The wind blows, the dust goes everywhere, but the visibility never has been too bad...yet.

There are different kinds of dirt.  There's sticky dirt, and maybe that is the worst.  There is nasty dirt, and no, I guess that is worse than sticky dirt.

I wrote a while back about how I love a good shower.  There is something so very nice about being clean.  As for as my body goes, the dust seems to affect my shoes and feet most of all.  When I wear tennis shoes, my feet feel "sandy", kind of like the beach.  This is irritating, but it could be worse.

Naturally, that reminds me of Jesus washing the disciples feet.  No surprise there, I guess.

Peter urges Jesus to wash his entire body.  Peter is like most of us, in fact just like the Bishop motto, "If it is worhty doing , it's worth over-doing."

But Jesus admonishes him,   In John 13, we read the story:
"
“Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!”
10 Jesus answered, “Those who have had a bath need only to wash their feet; their whole body is clean." 

Jesus was of  course speaking of His cleansing us from sin, but that wasn't so obvious to Peter at the time.

How Blessed we are in so many ways.  The dust of the ground is nothing compared to sin.  As much as I love showers, and dislike the dust, it is MUCH more beneficial to be cleansed of sin.

Thank you Jesus.  How can I express my gratitude?  Think about it.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment