Friday, August 2, 2013

Grateful

We have a group of about 4-5 workers who "maintain" the outside area of our apartment complex.  They don't find much to do, and so it seems to be very boring.  If it was only one worker, he/she could probably stay busy, no problem, but with that number, they don't have much to occupy most of the time.

As I was leaving the complex, it struck me how Blessed I am to have a profession that is rewarding, fulfilling, and pays very well.  I don't want to brag, so I won't mention the stimulating, interesting, and ever-changing occupation I pursue, not to mention the extensive holidays.  No one likes a braggart.

On the other hand, I do have great sympathy for these workers.  They have minimal hope of advancement.  I don't know, but expect they receive paltry wages.  The job has little status, except they do have a job, which many in the world do not.

On that note, we also have to consider that much of the world is in turmoil of one fashion or the other.  Think of Greece, of Syria.  We weren't born there.  We had no say in our birth country, our genetics, our natural opportunities.  Yet, most of us have a very privileged existence.

These blessings are from G^d alone.  Ps 139 tells us that G^d did form us in our mother's womb.  G^d planned our days, and the details.  If you are Blessed thank G^d.  If things are not so good, thank G^d anyway.  He knows your name.  He is Soverign.  He loved each of us enough to offer his life on our behalf in the shed blood of The Christ.

Thanks be to G^d!  And, thanks for my job.


No comments:

Post a Comment