Thursday, August 22, 2013

Connections, Connections

In a previous post, I talked about running into folks who knew folks.

It happened again.

In Bologna, I was chatting with the wife of the founding pastor of the congregation.  She mentioned Bryson City, NC, and I asked if she Knew Dr Walt Larimore who began his medical practice there.

"Sure, he's the author of those three books about Bryson City."

"Yep, that's the one."

I  may have mentioned, but many weeks back we met a lady living here in Botswana who was childhood friends with the Cardens.

Just last week we ran into a fellow when we were delivering aviation gas to a remote Kalahari village of Kang.  After a short conversation we figured out that this stranger was the husband of the lady who cut Brenda's hair in Gaborone.

It's a small world after all!  You may have heard of 6 degrees of separation- that everyone is connected to everyone else within 6 relationships.  I am beginning to think it may be less than 6 degrees of separation.

We are one Body in Christ (Romans 12: 4-5).  Considering how closely we are often linked to everyone, being ONE body in Christ shouldn't be such a stretch.   I just need to get my mind right.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment