Monday, October 28, 2013

Africa Smells

You might have thought we were suggesting that African Smells bad, but that is FAR from what we have experienced.  I guess the title should have read, "African Smells", but I liked the double-entendre.  At the time I write this, it is mid-September.  A bit over 2 weeks ago, we were using space heaters, now we have fans running.
       



We have mentioned the flowers.  It is spring time here starting in one more week.  The serenga trees are blooming, and we are guessing that is the wonderful perfume fragrance that fills the air.  How pleasant!


"For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing."  2 Corinth 2:15.

Having now experienced a truly natural fragrant aroma, a truly pleasing one, it is hard to see myself that way.  Among those being saved, we are the aroma of the Christ.  Go figure.

I am supremely glad that I don't have to understand the HOW and WHY of G^d.  All I have to do is trust that HE is able, and enjoy the ride.

Wanna sniff of me?

1 comment: