Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Favorite Barber

My father was a barber, and so for the early part of my life, every haircut came from Dad, later known as Pop-Pop.  He was a good barber, and I never had to pay him.

I left home and went to the US Naval Academy where the Navy provided my barber for several years.  I even cut hair a little myself, first at USNA, then onboard ship.  Sometime along the way I recruited a terrific barber who is willing to make house calls, even here in Africa, and previously in Sweden.

One of our early purchases here was a set of barber clippers that run on 220v.  I think we got them on sale for $2 or so.  They aren't terrific, but they work,  see:

For many years now Brenda has cut my hair, which is part of the reason, just part, why I am so handsome.

It is just a very small example of what a blessing Brenda is to me.  She takes care of me in many ways, and she does it with a smile (mostly).  As I said before, she is a Proverbs 31 woman.

And, she is... my favorite barber.

3 comments:

  1. I can just see sweet Brenda lovingly wrapping that cape around you as a reminder of how messy haircuts use to be. :-) Proverbs 31 indeed.

    ReplyDelete