Monday, October 21, 2013

We Won! Oops!

Brenda and I just returned from a Navigator's Marriage Seminar.  I am proud to say that we won?  Our prize was this book:




I hate to tell you how we won it.  At the very end of the seminar, they gave a book to the couple most recently married.  And then we got a book too.  I am betting you can guess how we won it.

Time certainly flies.  It seems that we were newlyweds just the other day.  It is hard to imagine that all of my children are older than most of my students, and I don't mean undergrads, but older than my graduate students.

Just last week we were living in Clear Lake, TX.  It seems like yesterday that we were living in NY State, but it was 16 years ago we moved up there.

As I have blogged before, as James said it, "How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog--it's here a little while, then it's gone."  Ja 4:14.

The Scots say, "Ye be a lang time ded."  Wouldn't it be foolish to put all our attention into this bit of fog that is soon gone without a trace.  It would be kinda like spending most of your life working on a sand castle built below the tide line.  Yep, kinda like building your house upon the sand.

"... And every one who hears these my teachings and does not act upon them will
be found to resemble a fool who builds his house upon sand. ..."  Matt:7:26.

Yep we had been married the longest!

2 comments:

  1. I've read several articles recently about how genetic engineering, medicine, and better nutrition could lead to people living well into the 100's. It seems like the illusion is being created that we will cheat death (i.e., add one cubit to life).

    In reality, I suspect, we are not even moving a grain of sand on the shore of eternity.

    Thanks for the reminder and congrats on the win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said... not even a grain of sand. Yep, it is hard to keep this important issue in mind... so we need to remind one another while it is still called today... Heb 3:13. Thx.

      Delete