Saturday, January 19, 2013

Value of a Guide

Today was my first day in Botswana.  The International Programs office at the Univ of Botswana was kind enough to assign a senior undergraduate to guide me around a bit.  What a Godsend!

His name is Lebo, and you can see him below standing in front of the big plaza of the UB Student Center.



Lebo knows Botswana, Gabarone, and UB.  He answered my questions about the local language, showed me around the campus, and guided me through a physical exam and purchasing a cellphone plan.

BUT, the KEY thing he did was give me great comfort and inspired confidence.  And that, in a strange and stressful situation, is invaluable.  If you have been in this situation, you know just what I mean.

In fact, a LOT of life is like this...

We do much better with a guide.  And there are plenty of volunteers to lead us.

So the question we must face is, Who will we follow?

2 comments:

  1. We have been thinking about you. Glad to see you arrived safe in Gabarone. Looking forward to read about your new life there.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brother! Good to hear that you got there and are well taken care of. The kids and I were actually talking about you guys tonite as we packed are skis on the car after a refreshing race at the Ski Stadium. We remember so well one year ago when Brenda and you came to Östersund. We treasure your friendship a lot and pray that the Lord will guide and use you in new and special ways for the glory of His name and for His love for the Botswanans. Greetings galore from the Smedbys

    ReplyDelete