Tuesday, May 7, 2013

African Mythology

Africa, and its rich archeological finds, are used to support the theory of Darwinian evolution.

As a scientist, skeptic and logician I find the theory hard to swallow.  I classify it as a wistful myth.

Africa is the home of most of the Great Rift Valley, famous for human fossils such as:



It has also yielded numerous finds showing social complexity amongst our ancestors.

Like I said, I enjoy chewing on this theory and its variations, I just can't swallow it.  I read this description of evolution recently,  "It is believing that an explosion of nothing, instigated by no one, resulted in everything".

I am NOT rejecting it on philosophical grounds, I look at the human body, and that of "simple cells", plants, physics, and lots of other stuff, and conclude this is NOT very likely the results of random actions, even "guided" by natural selection.

My non-theist friends are desperate enough wholeheartedly to swallow evolution hook, line, and sinker.  After all, they have NO choice.  We are here, we had to get here somehow; if G^d doesn't exist, random mutations+ time+ "natural selection" are the only other logical option.

Now, ladies and gentleman, That is an example of Great Faith!!

Oh that we Believers would have such great a faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment