Thursday, May 16, 2013

Some Great Advice!

This morning I am scheduled to visit the Batswana National Olympic Committee office.  I wanted to keep my Department Head, Jimoh Shehu, informed, so I let him know of the visit, and asked for his advice.  This is the advice he gave,


"Advice? Listen with your ears, nose, eyes, tongue, skin and spirit."

Wow, now that's some good advice.



In the first chapter of the book of James, the Holy Spirit says it in a slightly different way, "19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry...".  The wisdom becomes more obvious when trying to learn a new culture.  You really have to listen to learn.  You have to pay attention in order to pick up the underlying messages.  That is hard to do when you are talking.

Want some good advice?  

"Listen with your ears, nose, eyes, tongue, skin and spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment