Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Life is for the Birds


This is the third recent post I have done on birds.  Botswana seems particularly bird-rich.  We have all sorts of birds, from ostriches to a tiny little humming bird we saw on a hike in South Africa.

I mentioned earlier my love for birds and my respect for their abilities.  In this post, I just want to share a few photos.

There are several storks in this area.  I believe this is a marabou Stork.



This is a common ground bird, the sand grouse.
This is another common ground bird, the Helmented Guinea Fowl
Above is one of several white-back vultures in Chobe National Game Reserve.

These birds are quite different.  They each have their ecological niche.  Each have their strengths and weaknesses.  Maybe that is part of the appeal.  They are a lot like us.


No comments:

Post a Comment