Sunday, May 12, 2013

Great Financial News!!

Brenda and I are truly Blessed.  We have so much for which to be thankful.

Now there is one more thing for which we Thank the L^rd.

We are now............... billionaires.

So you doubt me, eh?  See for yourself.


Well, I guess I was a bit too humble, we are actually $5 billionaires.

But don't worry, we won't let it go to our heads.

This brings up an interesting issue.  Scripture is clear and redundant.  We are to eschew wealth.  We cannot serve both G^d and money.  The love of money is the root of all sorts of evil...

Yet despite this, almost everyone I know would like to have a little more money.  As Montgomery Burns of the Simpson says,  "I'd give up all my wealth... for just a little more."

It's a constant battle for me to steer away from "every form of greed".

I am content.  L^rd give us full contentment.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Our pastor preached on this exact verse this morning.

    BTW I've always loved that quote from Mr. Burns. :0)

    ReplyDelete