Sunday, May 5, 2013

What Matters Most

What matters most to you?  There are lots of good candidates:

  • Family
  • Church
  • Worship
  • Music (not same as worship, despite what we sometimes think)
  • G^d
  • Living "well"
  • Evangelism
  • Taking care of those in need.

All of these are very nice things, and we ought to do those things and many more. But the question is, what matters MOST?

Everybody seems to have an agenda for me, and for you.  My employer wants my job to matter most.  My financial advisor(s) want my retirement and financial well being to matter most.  My dentist wants brushing, flossing and twice-annual checkups to matter most-- or maybe not.  Everybody has an idea of what is most important.  But the question is, what matters MOST to you?

 Of course Scripture has something to say, and most of you know what the Scriptures say:

  • Seek FIRST His kingdom
  • Meditate on it (Scripture) day and night
  • But if we do all things in a way honoring to God and while trying to be a testimony, we are seeking the kingdom first, and we are therefore advancing it as well (Colossians 3:17, 23). 

But Paul said it well,  "For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. (Rom 7:19).

But, by G^d's grace, the Holy Spirit Himself empowers us to obey.

L^rd make it so.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment