Sunday, February 19, 2012

The most Secular country? Not!


I have heard on more than one occasion that Sverige is the most secular country of the world.  I am now unsure of where this concept arose.

This was our second Sunday (Sondag) to be in church here.  I mentioned last week about Swedish missionaries, and these were mentioned again in service this week.  Our service was very nice, about an hour and a half, just like Grace Church at home.  Afterwards, there was another fika, which definitely adds to the sense of fellowship.

Today the fellow who directed the service welcomed us by name, and we sang a song in English, “come now is the time to worship”, which we enjoyed very much.

Church buildings are FAR more common here than in Japan.  Here are some church buildings I pass going to and from work each day.  The first two are of "our" congregation's building.








On campus, there is only one student group, but they meet to pray each Monday and Thursday at noon.  That’s TWICE a week.


We are starting to make some church friends.  The commitment to Christ here seems high to us.
Sweden is the most secular nation?  You won’t hear me say that now!

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous that you've already found a church.

    BTW, I love seeing all the pictures. I know it takes extra effort on your part to lug around a camera and remember to take pics. It sure does add the blog, though. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete