Thursday, February 16, 2012

Workers in Sverige

I have always been interested in work and workers.  I have been pleased to be able to do some research on work and workers, and how to keep them safe, comfortable and productive.

Here, we see some jobs under conditions not so common in Alabama.  These guys are shoveling snow off the roof of some large buildings.   





You can tell when they are doing this because, obviously, but I’d never though about it, they have to close the sidewalk underneath.  Our friend, Gunilla, tells us that you can be fined for NOT keeping the icicles trimmed off your roof.  Apparently they can get quite large, and when they fall can be very dangerous.  It’s too cold for icicles to form here yet, but if we get some good ones this Spring, I’ll try to get some picts.
Here’s a guy taking down scaffolding, just like in the USA, except it is about -10 C.
 
Here's some guys working at the Winter Park by the (frozen) lake.


Here's my favorite and it is hard to see what is happening.  There is a guy SHOVELING snow at the top of this taaaallllll tower on the downhill ski slope in Are.

There are some jobs I'm happy not to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment