Saturday, February 18, 2012

Things to appreciate about Living in warm Climes


It takes us, like maybe 15 secs to get out the door in Alabama.  Here, it takes us about 5 minutes to get the vest, coat, scarf, hat, gloves, and boots on.   I am supposing that families with 2-3 little kids must start getting dress the DAY before they intend to go out the door.



Packing to get here took about twice the space for coats and boots.  I can go to Costa Rica for 10 days with:
  • ·         Some underwear
  • ·         3 pairs of shorts
  • ·         10 t-shirts
  • ·         Two pairs of shoes (one to throw away when I leave).

Here, Brenda and I paid another $140 total for 2 extra bags.  And I could use another stocking cap.  Fortunately, that’s about all we need.  

Another good thing, for the trip to heaven, G^d provides, and we don’t have to pack!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I'm really thankful for frigid climates, but not because I have to live in them. I'm convinced that the primary reason I have a job in Myrtle Beach is snow. We are surrounded by people that moved here from "up north". When I ask them why they left family, friends, church, all else, a good 80% respond, "Because of the snow."

    Apparently, some people really hate snow. Retirees move away from it; Students pick our university to avoid it; and around nine million tourist a year come here to take a break from it. Yeah, snow!

    I'm secretly hoping that one of my major life mentors will grow to hate snow in Sweden so badly that it will result in moving to Myrtle Beach instead of back to Tuscaloosa. And, I'm hoping she brings her husband.

    ReplyDelete