Friday, February 8, 2013

A New Insight on Laundry



One of my dear friends posted a note on Facebook, hoping that the "laundry fairy" could magically appear and take care of her family's big pile of dirty duds.  I wrote her a short note, reminding her that at least she had an automated machine to do it, if the laundry fairy failed her.

My clothes have been washed by an in-home washer for about 99% of my life.  That percentage is now falling.  Our apartment not only doesn’t have a washer, it doesn’t even have a place to put one.  There are no plumbing connections.  Go figure.

Apparently that is not at all uncommon here.  When I asked about it to my department head, he shrugged and asked me if I hadn’t hand-washed clothes before.  Sheepishly, I had to admit my virgin status.
Well, I decided to rise to the challenge.  Before showering I got a dirty shirt and some dirty underwear.  Wetting them in the sink, I scrubbed the parts I knew to be most dirty. When I was showering I showered with my laundry.  I washed myself, and then my clothes.  I then rinsed out my clothes and tossed them in the sink whilst rinsing my body.  I put some on the drying rack, and hung one pair of underwear on the fan that cools me.  The shirt I put on a hangar and hung on the curtain rod behind the fan that cools me.

Voila!   The next morning I had clean undies, and a clean, wrinkle-free shirt!

This worked so well, that I reckon I could get by with just one pair of underwear, or two and most, and one shirt!  Pants would be a bit tougher.

Brenda does her laundry in a more genteel way... in the kitchen sink.



Fortunately you can get your laundry done in the shoe store at the mall, close by.  Seriously.


2 comments:

  1. Um.Brenda doesn't look too happy there, Phillie. I suggest a trip to the shoe store, and quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't life wonderful.... you get to learn new things all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete