Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Brenda Delightful



It's Bible study.
In the Navigators Bible study today, the men (13 of us altogether), studied Matt 6:33, “But seek ye first the kingdom of G^d and his righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.”

It was an interesting study, and it was all I could do to stifle myself.   Well in truth, it was MORE than I could do, so I shared a few stories.  One issue that came up was the subject of “Delight yourself in the L^rd (and He will give you the desires of your heart).” (Ps 37:4).  I shared how Brenda and I had been married over 40 years, and how much I delighted in her.  I mentioned how I sometimes think, “I am blessed above all men.”  I have, on occasion, a pure sense of delight in the L^rd, that I think arises from the blessing of a long walk with Him.  Not to suggest that the pace has been steady, or that I haven’t strayed, that would be inconceivable (Princess Bride).




But, the key lesson might be, that by Delighting in the L^rd, perhaps he changes our heart, and thereby changes the desires of our heart. 

L^rd change my heart.


1 comment:

  1. I rarely comment, but I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing pictures every day.

    ReplyDelete