Thursday, February 28, 2013

More of Africa in the city


As we mentioned earlier, we have a marvelous Game Reserve near our home here in the city.  Here's a few more photos.
Vervet monkeys everywhere!

A monitor lizard over a meter long.
Kudu are BIG, but have good camouflage.
It's pretty amazing to be living so close to a herd of impala, kudu, warthogs, ostrich, and zebra.  I have been told that there are a few more species that we didn't see.  We'll try again when the grass and leaves die back a bit.

I often feel, as I was sharing with some Christian students last week, that I am blessed above all men.  To be able to live in Africa, even though it has its challenges, is amazing.  To be able to get paid whilst doing this, is even better!

G^d is good, when it seems that way, and when it does not.  Our ability to see what G^d is doing and why, is no better than was Job's.  That's why we must live by faith.

Thank you L^rd!  Now how can I express that?

No comments:

Post a Comment