Thursday, February 21, 2013

Bathrooms vs toilets

For several days now, I have been trying to get a key that will let me in the bathroom three doors down from my office.  Since I can't hold it for several days, I have trekked to one of several bathrooms available a few blocks away.  These LOCKED bathrooms look really clean and convenient, so I have persisted in my efforts.

Finally yesterday, I learn that I must fill out a form to get a key.  Of course!  After some trouble, I obtain a form and fill it out.  Whereupon I discover that I need my Department Head's signature.  Only a few hours later, I have the form signed and ready.  Now I learn I must transport it to maintenance, wherever they are located.

On my morning run around campus, I make a two or three inquiries and discover where maintenance is.  I am 15 min early, so they guy there, Sagha, grumbles that it is only 0730, but he reluctantly accepts my form anyway.

An hour or so later, there is a knock on my office door.  A man, who turns out to be a key shop guy, asks me where these mysterious "bathrooms" are.  I then learn, sort of, that there is a BIG distinction between a "bathroom" which has to have bathing facilities, and a "toilet" which just has a toilet.  Regrettably, and apparently unforgivably, I have called a toilet a restroom and thereby caused considerable confusion.


Please forgive me everyone, everywhere.  I meant no harm, I am merely a simpleton.  Now, if I could just have a key, my bladder would be so grateful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment