Sunday, February 24, 2013

Africa at Last!

Early Friday morning I awoke to a wonderful... sight- dreary overcast skies.   The Gaborone Game Reserve doesn't open until 0630 and closes at 1830.  There is too much light for good animal viewing this time of year at opening or closing.  So overcast was perfect for seeing animals.

We hurried out the door, and drove 10 minutes to the Game Reserve Entrance arriving at 0637.  I expected they would open late, but they were ready when we arrived.  I paid the $4 to get Brenda, me and our auto into the park.

We drove down the lane and hadn't gone 400 m when we saw our first warthogs with an ostrich in the background.  We eased another 2-300 m and came upon a herd of zebra with a colt, along with a warthog mom and piglets.






That's a prized sighting behind those three ostriches, a female kudu. The warthogs are neat to see too.

G^d's creation is "writ bold" in Africa, at least the parts I have seen.  Brenda and I have loved seeing wildlife from Costa Rica to Alaska, to Northern Sweden, and now in southern Africa.

Will post more photos of local fauna soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment