Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It's Official: Not an Idiot!

One of the things Brenda and I had to do for the Immigration Office here is get a medical examination.  I got mine right after arriving and Brenda got her's last week.  Just like in the USA, the wait was substantially longer than the visit with the Doc.  But it had to be done.

Brenda was especially proud of her results, and wanted me to share them with you.  See:


Brenda and I are proud to announce, We are officially not:
  • idiots, 
  • feeble-minded, 
  • or imbeciles;
no matter what evidence to the contrary may suggest.

Some people have suggested that I (Phil) would have to be crazy to do some of the things I have done.  Others suggest Brenda is crazy to have let me, and to have gone along on some of the adventures.

But, we are in good company.    King David feigned insanity at one point just to survive (1 Sam 21:13).  On some occasions G^d called on people to do what appeared to be crazy things.  E.g. Gideon attacked 135,000 Midianite warriors with only 300 Israeli troops!  But G^d gave the victory anyway!

As someone once said,  "I am a fool for Jesus, whose fool are you?"

Hey, we have a piece of paper to prove we are mentally ok, what do you have?

1 comment:

  1. I have you know, sir, I am (was) a mental health professional.

    Take that!

    ReplyDelete