Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Keeping it short




Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.” Dorothy Sarnoff.

I try to keep these blog posts short.   I am not that good a writer to be able to hold your interest for more than a few lines.  I’m guessing most of my posts are under 300 words; or hopefully, just long enough.

A friend showed me a book on Friday.  Title was Affluenza.  It was over 500 pp!  I would have thought he could have said it more concisely, but maybe it is a big topic.

The disciple, John, tells us, that if they had recorded everything that Jesus said and did, not even the world could contain the books.  That is a big claim, but if we consider what is recorded, and what has been written about what was said, done, and recorded, that would be a pretty big pile.

Much of what I say is fluff, but not so of the Word of G^d.  Hebrews 4:12 tells us, “The Word of G^d is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, sufficient even to the dividing asunder of the soul and the spirit (that’s a fine cut), the joints and the marrow (that’s a strong cut), and (here comes the big one) is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”  Wow!

L^rd thanks for Your Word.  Thanks for its power and fine cutting.  L^rd, Holy Spirit, hide G^d’s word in our hearts, that we would not sin against Thee.

Here is a photo of Brenda in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment