Monday, April 29, 2013

Creativity and Junk

In anotehr blog post, I mentioned the 4-5 Muskateers.  One day they left a toy outside and I as fascinated by it.


If you pulled the wire, the cans at the bottom that formed the wheels caused the upright cans to spin whcih in turn caused teh top two cans to spin.  It worked quite well.  It was made of discarded cans and wires, lovingly crafted into a neat toy.

I like to make things out of discards, out of junk.  That partially explains why I am reluctant to throw anything away.  I have made a lot of stuff out of trash (See Advanced Clothes washing in an earlier blog).

Another reason I like this, is that old saying, "G^d don't make no junk".  G^d created us, all of us, in His image.  G^d created us all to fellowship, to relate, to be WITH HIM!   Wow!   How can we turn down such a deal?  How can we forget?

I am not sure how, we forget these things, but we do.  Every person is valued by G^d, including Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins.  We wrestle not against flesh and blood...

The first and great commandment is to Love G^d, the second is to love those around us, including those hostile to us or to the faith. 

Remember, G^d don't make no junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment